– Concentration and Memory. Being around plants helps people concentrate better. Studies show that tasks performed while under the calming influence of nature are performed better and with greater accuracy, yielding a higher quality result. Moreover, being outside in a natural environment can improve memory performance and attention span by twenty percent!
– Flowers Generate Happiness. Having flowers around greatly improves people’s moods and reduces the likelihood of stress-related depression. Flowers and ornamental plants increase levels of positive energy and help people feel secure and relaxed.
– Improves Relationships/Compassion. Research shows that people who spend extended lengths of time around plants tend to have better relationships with others. This is due to measurable increases in feelings of compassion; another effect of exposure to ornamental plants.
– Improved Human Performance/Energy. Spending time in natural environments makes people better at doing their jobs. It also increases energy levels and feelings of vitality.
– Learning. Research shows that children who spend time around plants learn better. In addition, being around natural environments improves the ability of children with Attention Deficit Disorder to focus, concentrate, and engage more with their surrounding environment.
– Mental Health. Studies have proven that people who spend more time outside in nature have better mental health and a more positive outlook on life.
– Perceived Quality of Life. People associate beautifully landscaped areas with a higher quality of life. This is important in attracting businesses and sustaining growth in the community.
Taken from: Ellison Chair in International Floriculture: Health and well-being benefits of plants
We’d love to hear your comments!
If we can help you with quality flower planters and garden furniture, then please visit https://www.woodberryofleamingtonspa.com/accessories/planters or get in touch on 01926 889922 or email us at email@example.com